Laurel Falls

March 26 - March 30 eleven of us went to Gatlinburg for some rest and relaxation. It was the seven of us, Phil, me, David, Kelly, Bella, Laura and Clinton plus David and Kelly's friends, Travis and Tiffany Ayers and their two little girls, Felicity and Trinity. I must say we had one of the best times we've ever had and that's with eight adults and three children under the age of four. Here we are at the Log Cabin Pancake House (our favorite place for breakfast). This is not the picture I wanted, but it's the one that came up and I don't know how to remove it. :)

One of our outings was going to Laurel Falls, which we'd all done before. But, considering our ages from 53 to 10 months and having two baby strollers, with one being a double, it was the easiest hike we figured we all could make. So we did.

As I was walking, I was experiencing the joy of physically walking to Laurel Falls, but, in my heart, I was considering how this walk so parallels my walk with God.

I start out on my journey.
To go I cannot wait.


I get married I have children I pray for the perfect mate.


I ask for God's protection. For those I dearly love.
To keep them on the narrow path, surrounded by His love.


Sometimes I go out on a limb
And don't know what to do.



He says just sit and rest awhile.


And I'll take care of you.

When I go through peaks and valleys

When I feel so all alone

God encourages me through people...even ones I've never known.


He says "Press on. Push harder. You're almost to the end."
I've prepared what you've been looking for. I've always been your friend

I've given you streams of living water...to drink from everyday. I've been with you down every road you've walked along the way. I've been right there beside your side, even when you did not see...that I was the one in front of you, saying "Please, come follow me."

Comments

Valerie said…
Great post! Glad you had such a great family trip.
Carla said…
What a wonderful post!!!Looks like you and your family had a wonderful time.

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings

Wal-Mart

Giants