Trials

Right now you’re either going through a major trial in your life or you’ve just gone through one or one is lurking on the horizon. Whoever/wherever you are, you’re not exempt – no one is. James says, “Consider it pure joy, whenever you face trials of many kinds,” which is what I’ve come to do. This is how trials have blessed my life.


They’ve made me realize --

1) That in this world you will have trouble. It’s a promise.

2) That death, mourning, crying and pain are “the old order of things.” (Rev. 21:4) They’re expected – the norm. They’re an indication I’m still alive and living in THIS world.

3) That death is inevitable; it was God’s first promise.

4) That there are worse things than death. To live here forever would be a punishment.

5) That my citizenship really is in Heaven!

6) That faith is the key – the victory that overcomes the world.

7) That it’s ALL about God; it’s not about me.

8) That my faith is IN God, not THAT God will …

9) That to believe that God EXISTS and that he REWARDS is ENOUGH.

10) That God is in control and I am not.

11) That worry is from Satan.

12) That worry is a sin.

13) That the present moment is where life is truly lived.

14) That tomorrow never comes.

15) That with God all things are possible.

16) That God’s ways are not mine; His are best.

17) That God hasn’t forsaken me; He’s closer to me than he’s ever been.

18) That trials are God’s way of loving me, perfecting me, and building my faith.

19) That the testing of my faith develops perseverance.

20) That perseverance must finish its work so that I may be mature and complete.

21) That perfect.i.o.n is more a verb than a noun.

22) That God can do whatever he pleases; He doesn’t have to ask my permission.

23) That another trial will come.

24) That my faith has been strengthened.

25) That this too will pass.

26) That with God I can handle it.

27) That Heaven will be worth it all.

Can I honestly say I’ve learned these things? Yes I can. Can I say it’s been easy? No, I cannot. But now when I hear someone’s going through a trial – I care not what -- I just don’t respond the way I used to. I thank God for the faith he has in them to endure it and the strength He gives them in return. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings

Wal-Mart

Please pray for me