....bad or good....

We've just returned home from eating supper at David and Kelly's, not Christmas but just a spontaneous supper with our son and his family. On the night just before Santa is to slide down the chimney bringing "all the toys and goodies on his sleigh" Miss Bella, my precious little granddaughter, decides not to take heed to "you better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling you why" but to remind her parents and Mammie and Pappaw she's still a three year old. I felt so sorry for David and Kelly trying to be patient with Bella and her tantrums but to no avail trying to make them stop. Kelly tried, David tried, Bella pushed, Kelly tried, David tried and Bella pushed some more. Bella had no idea how much patience her parents were exhibiting. I was amazed and doubted I could have been anywhere near this patient given the same situation. (I imagine David could tell you exactly how patient I would have been.) Anway, Bella was so bad I mentioned to Kelly how hard it was going to be to "reward" her with gifts from Santa in just a few hours after she had treated them so badly during supper and thereafter. And she agreed.

But now, one hour later I realize God has been so patient with me on those days when I've treated him just like Bella treated David and Kelly tonight so shamelessly -- when I've kicked and screamed and insisted on having my way or else. He's given me gifts like his love, mercy and grace time after time even though I've been rebellious and so ungrateful.

God could not love me any more or any less than he does right now. There's nothing I could do that could change how much he loves me. He does not give gifts based on my behavior. He gives the greatest gift of all, to those most undeserving.

He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good..........and loves you regardless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings

Wal-Mart

Giants