Here's to life!

I just want to write to let you know life is sooooooooooooo busy for Phil and me, right now, so I haven't had the time to blog lately. I actually have at least 2 blogs up my sleeve and I'm anxious to share them with you...pictures and all.

Our house on Claiborne Court is going back on the market this week-end and I am pleading with everyone reading this to pray for it to sell quickly. We plan on listing it for 4 months and then after that auctioning it. You almost always lose in an auction, so we'd like to go with selling it soon. Last week I trimmed the hedge in the front and Phil and I put down 1500 pounds of mulch. Gwynn Stewart showed it this week-end and it was in the top 3 of a couple that ultimately bought a house in the Briarwood area. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to take the wallpaper off of the dining room walls and will paint it sometime before Saturday, which is when we're listing it.

The burning bushes in the back are about 12-15 feet tall, now, and I need prayers not to fall off the ladder and be safe while using the electric hedge trimmer. I mean they're really that high!

We're also putting tile, a new shower and fixtures in the bathroom in our "city" house, which means we've had to use the spare bathroom for about 3 weeks. Everything we wear is scattered out over about 3 rooms and we're more than a little ready to get this project done.

I guess if I have to make a point out of all of this, it's that life is precious and the moments you have together with your family, doing whatever--mulching, mowing, holding the ladder, removing wallpaper, digging weeds, etc.--are some of the little things you'll remember and hold onto, when the people in your life are no longer there. Since Phil's heart attack last July, I have become aware of just how precious life really is and how quickly it can be taken away. If my day is just a normal, mundane day, then I thank God that I've probably had one of the best days of my life. The worst day I have is the best day that so many people around the world ever have. I don't ever want to get so carried away with living that I forget to be thankful for the life I already have. Life is so precious and every day is worth living. Give it all you've got and be thankful when someone asks you simply to hang onto their ladder. You just may be the best support they've ever had.

Here's to life and to the mundane things we have to do just because we're living, and to the people in our lives who make our "normalcy" so special.

Comments

Jeanne said…
Teresa, I will be praying for your house to sell within the next 4 months...the sooner the better.

I agree about life being precious and every day we have with those we love is one more to be grateful for.

If Steve were not having his eye surgery on that day, I'd come help you strip wallpaper! That job isn't fun but, again...it means you're alive and well.

The older Steve and I get, the more we love those mundane days when we're just together, not doing anything particularly special, with each other or our children or grandchildren or friends, etc....

I love you,

Jeanne
Anonymous said…
Dear Sister in Christ
I have thought of you often on my vacation - as I watched both the "wind and the waves" in Galveston, Tx over the weekend! As I explained the sands movement to Leah!

Teresa, when we allow God to move us out of our comfort zone, He often calls us to service in a way that we are not expecting...or would rather not go! Your house issue is one of those, or both of those!

It can be a great distractor for you! Take your mind off Phil's health, Laura's upcoming move and other things! Sometimes, a good days work will help you get a good nights sleep too!

Sometimes, I still wish I had Virgil around to worry me! Or to work with me, or just sit and look at one another, but I don't!
I try to focus on what I do have, and that is Leah and my grown children and my church family, but most importantly - My God!

Love Ya! Say hi to the class tonight, and I will see you next Wednesday!

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings

Wal-Mart

Giants