More

Kelly has been teaching Bella sign language for some time now, to make communication between the two of them less frustrating for Bella...at least until her words "come in." The first sign that Kelly has taught her is MORE. It, typically, is taught by touching the ends of the fingers together, in a tapping motion, directly in front of you. Kelly has followed the rules by looking for the right time and being consistent, signing MORE over and over again in context, which is usually when Bella eats, as she is showing us when she wants MORE bread at Mariah's. And Bella's sign for MORE is arms completely crossed, moving them back and forth on top of each other. We have all been thrilled that Bella has learned the sign for MORE when she wants MORE food--especially bread.



One day this week, David came home from work, and, as usual, picked Bella up to give her a hug. After he had hugged and hugged her, thinking it was enough, he handed her to Kelly, and started toward the bedroom to change clothes. As he was turning to leave, Bella grunted, which is her way of getting your attention and meaning it--

and signed--

MORE!..............MORE!.............MORE!...............MORE!. Her way.

She was telling David she wanted MORE of him. MORE loving. MORE hugs. MORE loving. MORE hugs. MORE loving. MORE hugs.

"I want MORE of you, daddy!" Bella was saying.

And he gave her MORE.

I know, if you're a parent, you know how he felt. I know, because he told me.

I have to wonder if God feels the same way, when He hears us say "I want MORE of you, Abba."

I wonder how long it's been since I've said "I want MORE of you, Abba" to Him.

How long has it been since I've put my hands together, with a desire to reach up for MORE and said, "I love you, Father?" "Give me MORE Bread, Father."  "I just want MORE."

God has shown us how to love by communicating His love to us.

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

Not with arms crossed, but with arms nailed to the cross, He showed us how He loved us MORE than anybody ever could, MORE than anybody ever would, MORE than anybody ever has, MORE than anybody ever will.

"I want to love you MORE, Father." " I want to love you .........MORE."

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasureably MORE than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Eph. 3:20, 21

Comments

Jeanne said…
Wow! First, it's so cute that Bella has her "own" sign for "more"! Isn't it fun to watch these babies become people?

Second, I loved how she told her daddy she wanted more of him. That is absolutely priceless and he will never, ever forget that.

Third, Again, you have taken special life moment and turned it into a grand lesson of God and his children and the love for each other.

Love, Jeanne
Anonymous said…
Precious!!!! Amen to Jeanne.
Such a simple and truthful way of putting this need to desire HIM! Out of the mouths of a babe, once again, we can learn so much from a child!

Thanks Teresa! You are such a powerful writer, I save your blogs for late night reading b/c they have so much meat in them!

That Bella sure is a sweetie- she has such a loving family, no wonder she always wants "more."
Melanie said…
This is beautiful. As usual, coming from you. Looking forward to "more" posts from you when the Spirit moves :)

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings

Wal-Mart

Giants