Half-empty

How can someone who has zero seasonal outdoor allergies, proven by allergy tests, get sick at the same time every year? Makes no sense to me, but I do. Even the bottoms of my feet hurt. Flu?  Not the flu. Just bronchitis, strep throat, and conjunctivitis all rolled up into one illness. Every. Year.

Two doctor's visits. One steroid shot. Three bottles of cough syrup. One bottle of cough pills. One inhaler. One antihistamine. On day fourteen. With bronchitis lasting a minimum of three months, I only have two months and two weeks to go. Yay me!

Yesterday I read that when someone asks how you are you are supposed to say, “I’m blessed." So today I’m saying I’m blessed. I’m truly blessed.  But may I add, please pray for me. I am tired and weary and far from well. I need rest when rest is all I’ve done for two weeks.

“Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink . . .”
"Rest. Rest. Where art though, Rest? When rest is all I've done."

Breathing is shallow. Voice is hoarse. Throat is burning. Coughing is relentless.

Today my cup is half-empty when I know it’s half-full. Please pray for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings

Wal-Mart

Giants