He's Alive!

“Forgive them, Father”
“They know not what they do”
He said, as they hurled insults
Forgiving me too.

His side was pierced
His hands were nailed
His blood was spilled
His body assailed.

As the sun stopped shining
the curtain tore in two
Jesus said, “I commit my Spirit, Father--
I commit it to you.”

In the tomb they placed Him
Where they thought he would stay
Tightly wrapped in white linen
On that Preparation Day

Where is my Lord?
Mary spoke from her heart
To the tomb Sunday morning
She came, while still dark.

Why among the dead,
Do you search for the living?
He is not here, Mary.
My Jesus had risen!

My life to gain
His life to lose
Would I be willing
If I had to choose

To die for another
Whose sins were not mine
Would I have such compassion
Be so loving and kind?

Never could a love,
So perfect as His
come from my heart
so stained and remiss.

Never have we known love
Like He showed us that day
When he died on that cross
Where our sins do now stay.

Once bound
Now free
Once lost
Now found

He’s alive!
I’m redeemed.
Amazing Grace does abound.

tbk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings

Wal-Mart

Please pray for me