I tell GOD; I love YOU; It's OK.

Bella and I have spent quite a bit of time together lately--much more time than we've spent together probably since she's been born. In three of our non-chalant conversations God spoke through Bella to remind me of three Biblical truths He apparently thought I had forgotten; and He was right.

Conversation #1
Mammie as she reads to Bella in her bed right before David comes in to say her prayers:

"Bella, I know daddy says your prayers with you at night. Would you want to say a prayer with Mammie too?"

Bella pensively staring, thinking...

Silence...

Mammie wanting to hear some of the sweet things David says Bella prays for every night:

"It's okay if you don't want to pray with Mammie, but would you just want to tell Mammie some of the things you pray for?"

Bella thinking as Mammie waits...

Silence...

Bella looking seriously into Mammie's eyes:

"Mammie, I just tell God."

Conversation #2
Mammie upon arriving seeing Bella in her swimsuit right before going to the pool:

"Bella, you look so cute. I love your swimsuit and cover-up."

Bella not hesitating:

"Mammie, I love YOU."

Conversation #3
Mammie to Bella as they play Barbies on the stairway together:

"Bella, I went home today to see my momma."

Bella placing Barbie between the spindles:

"You did?"

Mammie showing concern over her momma being sick.

"Yep, she's a very sick lady who's not gonna be around much longer."

Bella continuing to play:

"What's wrong with her?"

Mammie wondering how a four year old could understand dementia:

"She has a disease called dementia and she can't walk and get around very good."

Bella looking at Mammie with re-assurance:

"It's okay Mammie."

Mammie wanting to know why it's okay:

"It is?"

Bella without doubting:

"Yeah, it's okay."

Mammie still wondering:

"Why do you say that, Bella?"

Bella quite matter-of-factly shrugging her shoulders continuing to play Barbies on the stairs:

"She'll go to heaven."

Mammie humbled:

"Bella, why did you say that?"

Bella looking at Mammie as though she couldn't understand why Mammie was sad:

Silence...

Mammie looking up toward Heaven, thanked God that her mom would soon be in a better place and for Bella who, in her childlike faith, reminded her.

I tell God; I love YOU; It's OK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings

Wal-Mart

Giants