Kelly

I've had a daughter-in-law for almost eight years now. Last week she and I were talking about why we got along so well, when so many mothers-in-law and daughters-in-law do not. From my perspective, here are some reasons I believe Kelly and I do.

1) Before I even knew Kelly I prayed for her.
2) I believe God answers my prayers.
3) I believe God answers my prayers with the perfect answer.
4) I trust God with His answers.
5) I believe Kelly was made just for David.
6) I believe David was made just for her.
7) I believe God knows more about my children than I do.
8) I believe God gives my children just exactly what they need while I want to give them just exactly what I want them to have.
9) I knew David was not my own.
10) I raised David knowing he was a gift from God.
11) I knew that if David was a gift from God He could give Him away again.
12) I knew that God could give this gift to anyone He chose.
13) I knew that God would likely give him to another woman.
14) I knew that that woman would be exactly who he would need.
15) I knew that that need could only be fulfilled by a wife.
16) I knew his choosing a wife, did not diminish his need for a mom.
17) I knew that both of us were God's gifts to him.
18) I know if David is a gift from God, He can take him away from both of us.
19) I know that life is too short to quibble over whose David is.
20)I wanted David to know the joy of being a Dad.
21) I know that only his wife could give him that joy.
22) I know that joy came in a little girl named Bella, who will be the woman, some mom is praying for today that will marry her son that will make her a mother-in-law also.

And the cycle will continue.

Praying for Kelly years ago, I believe has enhanced our relationship. I know she has been with me through thick and thin and I know she has prayed for me. It's such a simple solution to what seems to be such a complex relationship, but realistically it is the answer. No mother-in-law and daughter-in-law has to be at odds all the time. We love, we give, we share....... a son........which is what God does for us.

Comments

Jeanne said…
Teresa, this is precious! You are both blessed (you and Kelly) to have such a relationship. I, too, am thankful for the mates God chose for my children. He made the perfect decision at the perfect time...
Valerie said…
How sweet! I am so very thankful for Martha Ellen. She is such a great mother-in-law and we have a terrific relationship. I wish everyone had what we do.
Melanie said…
What blessings you are to each other! Thank you for the reminder to pray more diligently for my children's futures, especially those three daughters-in-law I will hopefully have some day!!
What a kind post! I feel exactly the same way about Debbie. I couldn't ask for a better MIL.

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings

Wal-Mart

Giants